New female 'Player to Coach’ program to launch with series of webinars
AFL Victoria and Coach AFL is launching a new three-part coaching series that aims to provide opportunities for women to easily transition from a playing capacity into a coach.
The new program aims to utilise resources and community connections to easily educate and develop female players and ensure that females continue to contribute and thrive within the football community.
Part one of the program commences with the first of two webinars on the 18th of October and will feature several esteemed panellists.
- Host: Natalie Wood (Western Bulldogs AFLW Assistant Coach)
- Host: Eliza Straford (AFL Victoria Participation Coordinator & Williamstown VFLW player)
- Guest 1: Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs AFLW)
- Guest 2: Emma Grant (former Collingwood AFLW player and & Richmond AFLW development coach).
The panel will look deeply into the female 'player to coach' topic and make connections with themes during the session that assists players to commence coaching in the community.
Richmond AFLW development coach, Emma Grant will be a guest panellist for the webinar
1. State webinar series to explain the purpose of the program and generate interest. Guest panels will deliver sessions to identified female candidates
- Webinar 1: Monday October 18th, 7pm
- Webinar 2: TBC (confirmed post session 1)
The program will continue with parts two and three in early 2022.
You can register for the program at the registration link here: https://form.jotform.com/212611505197047
For full details on the program and further information such as player and club incentives and coaching opportunities and recruiting tips, click here.
For any enquiries, please contact AFL Victoria Coaching Development and Education Lead, Ricky Coburn (Ricky.Coburn@afl.com.au).