Register now: female coach development opportunity
More than 300 female coaches in community football at all levels of the game across Victoria are invited to participate in a series of webinars focused on coach development.
With substantial growth in women and girls participation numbers in Victoria and across the country in the past five years, more female coaches have also been coming into the game and AFL Victoria is committed to providing support and development opportunities for female coaches.
The three-webinar series will be led by Western Bulldogs AFLW Assistant Coach Natalie Wood, who brings extensive experience across coaching, playing and teaching.
- Monday 24 May: The Female Community Club Coach Program – 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Monday 31 May: Opportunities & Challenges of Coaching – 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Monday 7 June: Coach Learning and Development, what’s next? – 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Victorian female coaches are invited to register here: https://forms.office.com/r/qHy72A5gjf
Western Bulldogs captain Ellie Blackburn talks to Bulldogs assistant coach Natalie Wood
The webinar series for female coaches in Victoria is part of a broader national Community Club Coach Development program, which focuses on:
- Coaching Vision & Philosophy
- Quality club coaching culture & environment
- Building and sustaining positive relationships
- Positive coaching practice at training & on game day (player centered coaching philosophy of development over winning at all costs)
- Coach Learning & Reflection (development of increased self-awareness)
For any enquiries, please contact AFL Victoria Coaching Development and Education Lead, Ricky Coburn (Ricky.Coburn@afl.com.au).