WorkSafe Club Safety Fund
The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund Guidelines
2023 WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country Season
The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund has been established to provide financial assistance to football and netball clubs to make improvements to the safety of their grounds or provide added safety for both players, volunteers, and spectators.
The objective of the WorkSafe Club Safety Fund is to provide financial support at a local level to assist with occupational health and safety initiatives at a club level.
Who Can Apply?
Country Football Clubs affiliated with WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country
How Much Are the Grants?
- The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund provides funding of up to $5000 per application.
- Clubs are required to contribute between 10% to 50% of the total quoted amount of the safety initiative.
- This contribution can be a combination of club, sponsor or council contributions.
- Funds will be dispersed upon approval by WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country.
Please note: Special consideration may be made (at the discretion of WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country) to projects requiring additional financial support. Please make this known via the online application form.
- All clubs applying, must provide evidence that a grant is needed to improve the safety of their grounds and surrounding buildings.
- Country Football Clubs must show that they have the appropriate WorkSafe signage around the club and that there is an Occupational Health and Safety, or Risk Management Program being implemented.
- Clubs must provide supplier quotes demonstrating cost for safety improvements.
- To obtain a quote for goal posts, or goal post padding, please contact Sian Wooldridge via email on email@example.com or phone on 1300 007 452.
Funding is available for safety initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Equipment to be purchased by the Club that has the purpose of protecting the individual participants while actively engaged in the sport. (i.e., goal post padding, first aid kids, defibrillators, slip resistant flooring)
- Permanent or portable structures that provide shelter and or safety. (i.e., behind goal netting, shelter shed, shade sails, fireplace guards, fencing for walkways)
- Minor facility maintenance which presents an occupational health and safety hazard.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted via Smarty Grants: https://aflvic.smartygrants.com.au/WorkSafeClubSafetyFund2023
- Copies of all relevant documentation must be attached when submitting your application.
- Approved projects must be completed within the current funding period.
- WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country staff may be contacted for advice when preparing project outline.
Clubs successful in receiving funding are required to:
- Use the funds for the specified activity.
- Show that either council or club is providing between 10% to 50% of the quoted amount.
- Notify WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country if the project has been cancelled and return all grants paid within 14 days if required.
- Be responsible for ensuring adequate insurance cover for any equipment purchased.
- Complete an online acquittal form via Smarty Grants which must include an invoice addressed to AFL which covers your funded amount, before and after photographs and acknowledgement summary of the funded project once completed.
- Complete any evaluation required by WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country.
Clubs will be required to document and capture the funded project though a variety of formats including:
- Photographs (before and after shots)
- Film of the new equipment in use
- Written feedback by relevant stakeholders
- Telephone call with an AFL Victoria representative to discuss usage of the equipment.
- Commitment by club to promote Club Safety Fund via club communication channels.
- Acknowledgement Summary – A statement confirming how the allocated funds have successfully been used for their desired purpose
- How the funds have been spent
- The purpose of the new project
- Completion date
- How the project will benefit the club and community.
Please note – Any club who applies to the Club Safety Fund thereby consents for WorkSafe and AFL Victoria to use any provided content for marketing purposes.
- Commences 3rd of July 2023 and concludes 6th of August 2023.
- Applications will only be assessed if all relevant information has been provided.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified that your application has been received within 24 hours.
- Approved applications will receive further information regarding funding requirements within four weeks after closing date.
- Unsuccessful applications will receive notification within four weeks after closing date.
Payments, Tax Invoices and GST
- Funding grants are subject to GST.
- The Association/Club will need to supply WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country with a valid tax invoice (receipt) with ABN for the approved funding amount including GST (if registered for GST), within 28 days of receipt of the grant. If not registered for GST please supply WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country with a valid tax invoice (receipt) with ABN with no GST within 28 days of receipt of the grant.
- If your Association/Club does not have an ABN WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country would be obliged to withhold 46.5% of the funded amount.
- Grants will be paid within 30 days of receipt of a valid tax invoice.
Please contact your AFL Victoria Regional Commission for support.
If you have any questions or queries around the process, feel free to contact Jessie Doull from AFL Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org
AFL Victoria and WorkSafe Victoria would like to congratulate the 2022 WorkSafe Club Safety Fund Recipients:
- Toora Football Netball Club
- Werribee Centrals Sports Club
- Shepparton East Football Netball Club
- Dennington Football Netball Club
- Alvie Football Netball Club
- Rutherglen Football Netball Club
- Heywood Football Netball Club
- Lexton Football Netball Club
- Bunyip Football Club
- Rochester Football Netball Club
Click here to read the full announcement